28 July, 2006

Ganguly still cherishing World Cup dream

Press Trust of India
Dubai, July 26, 2006

Despite a disappointing stint in English county cricket so far, Sourav Ganguly has not given up hope of playing for India in next year's World Cup in the Caribbean.
"Well, if I thought it would not be possible (playing in the World Cup), I would not have been playing now. That is a dream for me and I am chasing it. I need runs to back myself and if I can do so, it will be okay," Ganguly said.
The former captain, who is playing for Northamptonshire, believed that he could return to the national side if he had his performance to back him.
"Well, that is something I believe I should. That is the reason why I am here at the County cricket. I know I have to perform to come back to the team and I am trying to do so," he was quoted as saying by Gulf News.
Ganguly, who was injured in Northants' warm-up game against Pakistan XI and has been advised a two-week rest, however, admitted he was not impressive enough for the county.
"Yes, in England and at this time of the season, you need to survive the initial moments to go for a big score. I was not getting the start in the last few matches. But I have to make it big to be there," he said.

See Sourav Ganguly Profile

Google

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home